◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I didn't realize that Brandon took the Cappuccino Cup idea from another series. Let's just hope he doesn't take too many more ideas from S.N.A.I.L. over to his new Spec Racing effort.. :nervous:
Meh, you worry too much. Add a weekday race, then start worrying ;)
Heck, I'd join (plan on starting rowing my gears so I'd be mid-pack at best) if there was something on weeknights there aren't any ORCA races.

SUNDAY NIGHT

MONDAY NIGHT

TUESDAY NIGHT

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

THURSDAY NIGHT
Official practice for Sunday night

Open Lobby Room numbers will be posted 10-15 minutes before start
Time: 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific

FRIDAY NIGHT

SATURDAY NIGHT
NO EVENT CURRENTLY SCHEDULED

Project CARS
[PITS]
World Road Racing Challenge
several more not listed here..

Inactive Series

SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

SNAIL [Pack] Racing

SNAIL Oval Racing

SNAIL [pCARS] World Road Racing Challenge

SNAIL [pCARS] Project Snail Endurance Championship

SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

SNAIL [Race Car] Series

SNAIL [Touring Car] Series
SNAIL [Enduro] Racing
Concourse Club
S.N.A.I.L. [Kart] Racing
S.N.A.I.L. [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing
S.N.A.I.L. [Oval] Racing
West Coast Division
SNAIL [Mystic] Racing
S.N.A.I.L. NASCAR
S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races
S.N.A.I.L. [Rally] Racing
S.N.A.I.L. Stamina Series
S.N.A.I.L. Oval racing series
S.N.A.I.L. Open-Wheel Shoot Out
S.N.A.I.L. Thursday Night Thunder at the Ring (pending replacement)
RUFTAR
Formula S.N.A.I.L.
FF Chalenge
Wankel Night
ESCarGOT - Every Standard Car Goes On Thursdays
STaTS - SNAIL's Team and Tuner Series - Season VI (Previous Seasons: I, II, III, IV, V)
S.N.A.I.L. Endurance Series
S.N.A.I.L. X Event
S.N.A.I.L. Magic Lap Racing
M3 GTR Race Car Challenge
Diabolic Fridays
S.N.A.I.L. Parity Racing

Past Special Events
Endurance Challenge
New Years Day SNAIL SPEC Racing Mini Enduro's
Dirty Thursday
Apmaddock's Enduro Challenge
SNAIL Rally Event
Carroll Shelby Memorial Races (photos here and here)
Roller Derby
Cat and Mouse

Proposed Events
SNAIL MAZADASPEED SPEC MIATA Series
SNAIL 1%er (aka Concourse Club)
Mystic Monday
Championship of Champions
Friday Drift Event
Funday Friday
SNAIL Funday Fridays
S.N.A.I.L. Funday Fridays Event
S.N.A.I.L. Drift Sessions
Iroc night / Iroc night
Drifting Event / Drift Team
rerun the longest running combos
Nostalgic/Trans Am Series
Friday Night Sampler
Classic Car League
Snail Vs Turtle Spec Racing
NURB NORD RECYCLER
S.N.A.I.L GRID 2 Club
SNAIL 24 hrs of something

Last edited:
Ah, ok, didn't scroll far enough down to see weekday note in the OP. Other than Wednesday, all others seem different in format.

And yeah, I'd probably join on one of those wednesdays. I'll keep a closer eye on this from now on to see what's cooking.

Looking forward to shuffling things up this friday. I'm still figuring out the two low boost races, but rest assured the cars and corresponding tires will be slightly more unforgiving then normal since boost and damage are in play. I'm definately leaning towards the city circuits. I'd rather a car need to pit for damage received from banging a wall than merely run off track and boost back to pack.

Ah, ok, didn't scroll far enough down to see weekday note in the OP. Other than Wednesday, all others seem different in format.

That's correct, Wednesday is the weekday that most closely mimics our Sunday league night. The other weekday events are designed to mix things up by offering variations of our typical format or styles of racing that are completely different altogether (all tuning-prohibited though).
And yeah, I'd probably join on one of those wednesdays. I'll keep a closer eye on this from now on to see what's cooking.

Cool, you're welcome to join us anytime. Our Wednesday practice races are held in the open lobby so just look for the room number to be posted on this thread. However, I can assure you that a driver of your caliber would find much more enjoyment competing against a full grid of our Division1 drivers on Sunday night. Let me know if you ever want to do that because I'd need to send you a friend request (our official league night races take place in private lounges).

I'm interested in checking this out. My psn is ADR_BRONCO.

Thanks for your interest. Please proceed to Step 2 of the instructions listed at the bottom of the original post.

How many hours is the pacific behind the east coast, like 5 or 6 hours right? Yeesh, down time sucks.

Thanks Rally. Yeah, last night I put the time and frustration in, like you said. I was working on my MR2, supercharged, and it must have taken the better part of 3 hours for me to a) get the back end coming around upon throttle let up or braking and b) to get the thing to turn in. From reading, some folks said to start with the LSD, and then move to suspension. Well, in this case, I could not get that to work so well. Frustration. I left that car after a while and did some other stuff. Came back to the MR2 and messed with the decel on the lsd, set it to 5, and put rear brakes to 2. Amazing...it worked for me. Then on the turn in, it seemed to flow correctly with the lsd decel setting and some camber and toe. I felt good when done for sure. As you mentioned, it seems that so much of it depends on the driving style as my lap times got better as my foot inputs became more fluid and gradual. So the combo of tuning and being more easy on the controls led to a pretty good set up. Is RR a harder combo to tune than say FR? Just hoping that they aren't all that difficult to make feel like a car.

RR and MR are by far the hardest of the rear wheel drive cars to tune, and many people have issues tuning the mr2, in game and real life. The issue being that most of the weight is in the rear. This means A) less weight on the front tires, making turn in less then stellar. Then you have the issue of getting the rear from wanting to always break out on you coming back onto power. because of the added weight in the back, once it starts to go, the momentum is enough to make it want to not stop. I've tinkered with a could of mr2's but have had only had mild success with them. But my LSD setting are far different. As Im sure my driving style is. Tuning a suspension is fairly straight forward though i think. I have a base quick tune that I start every car out at. The only thing that I change from car to car is ride height. then I start with the LSD. which I start at 20/20/20, and change so that the car is a little on the loose side. then I do the suspension. which I try to tune just soft enough to iron out rough tracks like Nurburgring, but not so soft that the car becomes troubled by body roll.

You didn't get any understeer with that low of an LSD settings? Usually if I go that low, it cures the oversteer problem, but under steers bad.

I don't tune a lot, but I did manage to get make up a nice Ruf RGT '00 (500pp, SS Tires) tune using some front ballast, suspension, & LSD settings. It's my go to car at 500pp most times.

However I can't tune that BTR or the Yellow bird for the life of me. Never tried tuning the delorean or the Alpine's that are RR.

I've only ever drifted my yellowbird and delorean, I have been thinking of doing up my alpines for racing though. I think the 3400s (I know, I know, its just a #ockster) is one of the best RUFs, if not MR cars in the game. The BTR is potent, only after tuning. the CTR, even with awd, that car is nuts!

The CTR was one of my favorite cars on GT3 (didn't play GT4.) As soon as I got it on GT5, I was excited went to a race and was greatly disappointed. I started to grab a tune for it, but then started getting Subaru 22B & the Prodrives and started using those for 4WD cars. Don't really race much with 4WD anymore.

I do like the 3400, but don't have a good tune. I think I only have one and it's PP is around the same range as the RGT I use.

^^ 3400S is great out of the box, but 30 minutes with it does wonders. It takes almost no camber and a slight change in suspension stiffness and she's ready you rock.

You could work backward, figure out what makes an FF rotate and do what most closely resembles the opposite. With the MR2, i would start with a bit of ballast.

Last edited:
Are we talking about the MKI or MKII MR2? I'm not any good at tuning, but somehow I arrived at a decent setup on my MKII. I tried a few tunes that I found online and none seemed to work well. I tried that spreadsheet that's supposed to give you a decent starting tune for any car. I might have even tried a tune for a totally different car, but through some series of events it now handles decent. I've been running it in garris's PCP series and it seems to perform well. This is at 450pp and SM tires.

As it sits now, the rear end is fairly tame and predictable under braking and corner exit. Turn in isn't stellar, but is acceptable. There's a little mid-corner under steer that is annoying. It's kind of hard to explain, but the car turns in ok, then starts to push a little, then regains composure and turns in hard again. I bet someone who knows what they're doing could make it really nice.

Are we talking about the MKI or MKII MR2? I'm not any good at tuning, but somehow I arrived at a decent setup on my MKII. I tried a few tunes that I found online and none seemed to work well. I tried that spreadsheet that's supposed to give you a decent starting tune for any car. I might have even tried a tune for a totally different car, but through some series of events it now handles decent. I've been running it in garris's PCP series and it seems to perform well. This is at 450pp and SM tires.

As it sits now, the rear end is fairly tame and predictable under braking and corner exit. Turn in isn't stellar, but is acceptable. There's a little mid-corner under steer that is annoying. It's kind of hard to explain, but the car turns in ok, then starts to push a little, then regains composure and turns in hard again. I bet someone who knows what they're doing could make it really nice.

The series II would be much better, but mostly because of better suspension geometry between the two. the MR-s is even better still, which would basically be the Mk III MR2. As for your mid corner issues. Are you coming off braking and that when it accures? If some, maybe a tad of ballast to the front will help. As you come off the brakes, weight will begin to transfer back towards the rear. unsettling your car a touch until it can recover and get that little bit of traction back.

You could work backward, figure out what makes an FF rotate and do what most closely resembles the opposite. With the MR2, i would start with a bit of ballast.
How does this work? I mean, I get the idea, but the difference between the front and rear of the car is so different, the jobs of the suspensions, and the whole build of the two suspension are so different, that I cant imagine this would work out well.

I was working on the MR2 1600 Supercharged.....it was just offered in the new selection of 80's cars. Sorry, can't remember the year or other specifics in the name/model. And I've upgraded everthing possible on it just for reference. My poor bobs, no wonder it looked like they were struggling to keep it on the road during break in...and I thought it was cuz they all had the bad mood orange arrow pointing down.

How does this work? I mean, I get the idea, but the difference between the front and rear of the car is so different, the jobs of the suspensions, and the whole build of the two suspension are so different, that I cant imagine this would work out well.

Requires cyborg know how. Never mentioned how well it would turn out though...

:mischievous: followed by :lol:

G. That would be the mkI. mkII came out in the 90's, and the MR-s I believe started around 99, 2000.
Diabolic, where does one go to get these implants. I need many!

So, Im going to be getting ready to finally get a new wheel. My old Logitech momo wheel is on its last, noisy leg, and no longer holds true. It no longer is centered, it not longer holds straight on the straights. Imagine an old crown vic or grand marque. Imagine its never had the suspension maintenanced and has over 200k miles. and thats the wonder I can get out of my wheel. It jsut slowly works its way left or right, however its feeling at the moment. And I think that might be effecting my steering some.

So I've been looking at either getting the DFGT wheel or spending a bit more and getting the g27. anyone have experience with them? What are your opinions on them?

I got a new g27 about a month ago and I've felt me taking a few steps back with it at first but lately I feel I'm getting out of it what I'm suppose to. I'm getting to where I need to be with it. I'm sure I can only get better with it as well, it's all about seat time. As far as quality and feel I think for the 200 bucks I paid for it it's completely badace!

Diabolic, where does one go to get these implants. I need many!

I'm merely a gen 2 cyborg with ports for three implants. They are deception, patience and humility. No wait. we scrapped humility from implants available. My third is sensible humor.

Oh and the crown victorias are better known as taxis in said condition.

Haha, well, I have the patience, with an upgrade (kids do wonders for this) however, I got a feeling that the rest of my ports must be outta whack!

Saga, you got your wheel for 200? I've found some g25 wheel for about 100, but those are used, and considering my current wheel, not sure a used wheel is something I wanna risk. To many slams on the lock during drifting before I got good. Going from DS3 to wheel has a bit of a learning curve to it. It took me about a week of near non-stop play to get it down. But I had to switch. I had the wheel already, but it was part of a bigger system i built years ago down in el paso. Well, long story short. I whacked off my left index finger, and was having issues down shifting afterwards, so I had to start using the wheel, so I could use the shifter or the peddles. I made a quick stand and was good to go. But the first week, I was straight grinding to get it down. 2nd week, things started to click, 3rd week, I never raced with a controller again.

Yea I feel the same way, I doubt I'll ever go back to a controller. Things are starting to flow and I don't even play everyday. Damn real like commitments! But yea Frys had it on sale one day for 199. So I went and scooped one up.

TNT Update!

Ok guys, I know zero has been wanting somewhat of an outline on how I'll be running Tuesday Night Terror.

First off, room will be open at 8cst just because I go to bed somewhat early on weekdays due to work. Doesn't mean you guys have to join so early, the ones who do, great, if not its not a big deal.

First hour I'll be running the combos that will be current with Sunday's league race. Won't do too much of qualifying. I'll be running 2 races of around 10 minutes each on each track.

After that I'm game for whatever you guys want to do. I'd like to learn to play cat & mouse but like I said I'm down for anything. You guys can vote on what we'll do.

ADirtySpic-

TNT Update!

Ok guys, I know zero has been wanting somewhat of an outline on how I'll be running Tuesday Night Terror.

First off, room will be open at 8cst just because I go to bed somewhat early on weekdays due to work. Doesn't mean you guys have to join so early, the ones who do, great, if not its not a big deal.

First hour I'll be running the combos that will be current with Sunday's league race. Won't do too much of qualifying. I'll be running 2 races of around 10 minutes each on each track.

After that I'm game for whatever you guys want to do. I'd like to learn to play cat & mouse but like I said I'm down for anything. You guys can vote on what we'll do.

ADirtySpic-

Okay, cool. Thanks for the update. I've linked your post above to the calendar for easy reference. Feel free to edit your TNT post as needed.

So, Im going to be getting ready to finally get a new wheel. My old Logitech momo wheel is on its last, noisy leg, and no longer holds true.

So I've been looking at either getting the DFGT wheel or spending a bit more and getting the g27. anyone have experience with them? What are your opinions on them?

If those are you two options, the G27 is way better than the DFGT, for the pedals alone.

I've not used the G27, but I have used the DFGT. I had occasion to use the DFGT a few times after using the CSR-E and honestly it felt like a toy, especially the pedals.

I have a G27 and love it. The DFGT lacks a clutch pedal, H gate, and has little shift buttons instead of large paddles. But it does have the "jog dial" thing that makes it easy to adjust settings (brake bias, traction control, etc.) while driving. I mapped these functions on my G27, but it's very clunky. I basically have to pull over to adjust anything.

If you're going to paddle shift all the time, the missing bits don't really matter. I paddle shift now, but I'd like to get into some racing where everyone uses the clutch. Try to get out of my habit of left-foot braking. :)

Im curious about the clutch peddle to be honest, mostly because I want to try it out drifting. I wouldnt mind having an H gate shifter either, but I have to wonder how much I will use it since I never even touch the shifter on my wheel now. However, having mappable buttons is something I've been wanting for a while now. My current wheel has 6 buttons, only 3 work. two do what i want. No changing what way Im facing, no horn, no lights. just e-brake, reverse, and pause. Thankfully I have those! I dont use traction control, or really need anything that I can adjust on the fly. Maybe if I started getting into nascar or f1 style races. Change downforce (is that an adjustable option?) or in the case of f1, traction control on the fly during those would be nice. But my brake bais is a one time set deal for me. At the ring, it would be pretty rad if you could change your rear gear on the fly, raise it for the twisties. then roll it back for the straights.

Back