Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycap

The Flying Finn
Premium
Finland
Finland
mftrsportlogo800.png

- Best viewed with the "Wide" forum page width option and a 1280px or wider screen -

Oh yes, the crazy guys from up north are back. For those who know us I doubt much introduction is needed but for those who don't, the project began in early summer 2007 and eventually turned into something to be very proud of during the years. What occasionally looked like total madness usually had a habit of working, sometimes as much to our surprise as others' but life has odd twists at times. Now we're back on the starting line, even slightly behind those who were more eager to get their garages going, but I'm confident we'll learn the ropes and reach the old pattern again.

The system on these opening posts is simple. You'll see a notebook - consisting of links to individual setup posts - with the names of the cars, made out of the colours of the vehicles. Every line also sports a time, driven on Grand Valley Speedway using the exact settings posted, as well as a stamp indicating the tyre class of the car in question.

As a helping feature someone has gone and written skill levels next to the names. They display the level of experience needed to drive the car right on its limits, a short explanation follows:
Beginner class cars are slowish, forgiving models that can be safely driven by anyone.
Intermediate class cars are easier to fool up with but still sure footed handlers for average drivers.
Advanced class cars will probably end up being our largest bunch and exhibit high pace combined to handling that needs a seasoned driver to get the most out of.
And the last, but definitely not the least, Expert class cars are very likely to toy with you before killing you if you make a single mistake (occasionally also if you don't) but they also provide the very highest performance out of their segments.

If you feel like giving feedback about our creations we have a good deal for you. Write a small review (really a review, not "the car is OK") about it, give us a car that you would like to be tuned to certain level and we'll PM the setup to you. Keep it sensible though, we're not guinea pigs for you to make fun about. No race cars (at least for the time being) as we've specialized in road models. Drifters possible but not recommended. Point the request PM to the builder of the car you reviewed. If you want the car in a short notice you may have to send it to us to be tuned but that's something that can be discussed in the said PMs. While testing always assume the cars have chassis and engine overhauls carried out, used or new as they may not be marked but will be done whenever applicable. If ballast and engine power limiter aren't mentioned they aren't used.

If you want to quote the setup post, please keep it down to the essentials. Do not quote the entire post. Partly because it doesn't do too much good for the readability of the thread but mainly because the setup may be changed and we don't want people making a review based on the setup they found in the quote when browsing the thread as it may differ quite greatly from the improved version.

The last but not the least, two heads ups. First, if you have questions about car X ask the one who made it, not "you guys" as we usually have very little idea why the other guy has done something in a certain way. And second, against the common thought the cars aren't built specifically for GVS - we're shooting for good all round setups - and you certainly don't have to test them there, it's just used for the lap times as it has a bit of everything in one package.

- Click the car name to proceed to the setup post -
upperpart.png

newsetup.gif
newsetup.gif

lowerpart.png

newsetup.gif
newsetup.gif

Last edited:
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SpecII Nür '94

360+ bhp, 45.3+ kgfm, 1500 kg
Painted in Black Pearl (M) from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres
Oil Change
New Wheels, RAYS VOLK RACING CE28N, finished in Black Pearl (M) from Nissan

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.25 / 0.00

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 7

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

No other car can carry us over better than the good old R32 GT-R, too true. So it's here again! Not as a fully tricked out monster, oh no, time for that comes later but let's open the game by realizing the potential of a relatively stock R32 V-SpecII and give it a treatment roughly similar to what led in the Nür models in the R34 range. The engine has gone through a minor revision resulting in a power boost to a claimed 360 bhp, the truth is likely to be even more, and the said horses find their way to the road via a close ratio Getrag transmission to provide better acceleration. The suspension has been slightly lowered and stiffened to counter the loads of spirited driving while keeping the basic feeling of the original. Most importantly it's still a daily drivable setup that won't rattle teeth off on cobblestone streets. Finishing off the looks, as well as bringing in a tad more steering response, are colour matched lightweight alloy wheels shod with low profile high performance road tyres.

This is not an indication of what an R32 can do - this is what a stock R32 could have been. And it's the beginning of a long road we hope to have ahead of us. The boys are back in town and they brought Godzilla with them!

Last edited:
Looks awesome! 👍 Good to see all the tuners slowing coming back into the groove. :)

Good to see you guys around. 👍

So welcome back. What about try a tunning a ZR-1 RM?

Aaaaaaand that was quick. There are several tunes floating around specifically for the ZR-1 RM and at least one for the Z06 RM, the latter I'm told works rather well on the ZR-1 as well.

Nice to see you guys here! I like your new banner design. It'll look like a proper notepad once you've got a few more tunes. :D:tup:

Good good! I´ve been waiting this moment all day.
I have to say I haven´t tweaked/ tuned any of my cars yet in my GT5 career, all simple plain stock. Things are about to change! *running alreday to "blow" certain Skyline*

:cheers:
finbaek

Mazda RX-7 GT-X(FC) '90

266+ bhp, 34+ kgfm, 1110 kg
Painted in Crystal White from Mazda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports soft Tyres
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei RC-T4, stock colour

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 45
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 40

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 6 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.15 / 0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 0 / 0

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Everyone knows the FC, Mazda's second generation RX-7 as a beautifully balanced car with reasonable power and easy learning curve. As such, it's a perfect starter car for many future racing drivers, real and artificial as well. This modest bumped up "Rex" gives you the perfect stepping stone forwards. It keeps the best aspects of the base car while improving the overall performance, giving the driver a perfect starting point for professional speed maniac or drifter, as this car does both pretty decently. Don't let the mild outlook deceive you though.. If given a good enough reason, it will snap out of the hands of a hotshot.

Nice to see expert tuners post their works so i can learn from you guys 👍 I'm going to trying the RX-7 love this car! A little request: can you describe in some way the reason of the settings on the car that you tune so the people that would to learn and understand the numbers behind the tune can do it. Nice work :D

Well, I mostly base my settings on teachings that I learned from our teacher who is a suspension mechanic in a local Super2000 touring team. If I start to explain each little tweak I've made and tried out, I'd end up writing a saga about tuning.. :lol: But, I'll see if I can fit in couple key things I found out during the tuning next time.

Well, I mostly base my settings on teachings that I learned from our teacher who is a suspension mechanic in a local Super2000 touring team. If I start to explain each little tweak I've made and tried out, I'd end up writing a saga about tuning.. :lol: But, I'll see if I can fit in couple key things I found out during the tuning next time.

I think a great deal of people would appreciate some expert insight!

I'm gonna have to try this tune out and give you guys some feedback. Two of my favorite cars. If you can I'm looking for a tune for a 370Z moderatley modifed.

Welcome back, now if I understand that leaves just one monkey to come and the wars can settle in. I have no intentions on losing on quality.:sly:

Welcome back, now if I understand that leaves just one monkey to come and the wars can settle in. I have no intentions on losing on quality.:sly:

I've said this to Leo before, we'll have a nice little world war between us. :D

UK vs Finland vs Australia vs US

:lol:

We shall see how this will start rolling.. I already have about ten nice tunes in ready-ish state in the back burner.. Some of them are more supreme than others.

Great to see another of the top tuning garages return 👍 We're going to be spoiled for choice in GT5 by the look of it :D

Good to hear that you guys like our shops new looks. Next pair is due within a week, stay tuned.. And please, do write reviews if you try our tunes. We will provide 1 custom tunejob per review.

Where can we get the "Skyline GT-R V-SpecII Nur 94" car you created the tune for?

I saw a guy run mid 56's with it around Hsr earlier today. Obviously it had a bit more hp, bit a very cool car indeed!

tyia:tup:

It's just a normal R32 GT-R V-SpecII named as such. You'll find out that not many of our cars will use their normal names, I have to come up with some kind of a solution to make it clear which is which.

WELCOME MFT!

Great to see you here. I've got one of Paulie's tunes already but one of yours will be my second GT5 tuning review.

In my opinion, the Tuning sub-forum really started about 29 and a half hours ago. I did write up a 'farewell to MFT' in the GT4 thread but when it got to 500 words and I was quoting the poetry of John Keats and discussing the philosophy of aesthetics realised I was being a bit of a wanker.

I haven't spoken to Mafs in a while but he's got the game and will be working on it. However, I get the impression that he's a bit of a perfectionist and might spend a few more weeks to get a good stable before opening.

One bloke I'd like to see back here is Sukerkin, but I fear this game (at least at the moment) may not be complex enough to retain the attention of his alarming intellect.

Well if you guys are back in the game again, so am I :D.

Still breaking off the inactivity-rust and adjusting to the improved physics, but I will be back in shape eventually to give you more reviews, better than before too (the inactivity gave me time to re-think a-lot, to say the least)

Just out of curiosity are you tuning regardless of standard/premium ?, or trying to stick to P for nicer photos and such for now ?

After trying out tunes of different cars from various sources on this board I've finally gotten around to trying this one (the R32). This is actually the first tune I feel comfortable driving and improving my times without altering my driving style. Only small changes, but noticeable and certainly an improvement. The turn in, balance, and exit is all perfect during corners. Too often I've tried tunes that that are very popular yet I find myself having to rotate the wheel to almost full lock to get it to turn like how I want it (maybe these are tuned for controllers?). I also love the fact that power and weight is very close to stock as that's how I like to drive my cars.

Great job and keen to try out more.

Last edited:
Well if you guys are back in the game again, so am I :D.

Still breaking off the inactivity-rust and adjusting to the improved physics, but I will be back in shape eventually to give you more reviews, better than before too (the inactivity gave me time to re-think a-lot, to say the least)

Just out of curiosity are you tuning regardless of standard/premium ?, or trying to stick to P for nicer photos and such for now ?

We will tune cars regardless of the modeling accuracy. Shunning some good cars because of the lacking model accuracy would be stupid.

Good to see that I could lure you back to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back