GTP Cool Wall: Results (read OP)

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 293 comments
United States
United States
The Placement Formula: Sub Zero is worth 2, Cool is worth 1, Uncool is -1, and Seriously Uncool is -2. Meh votes carry no swing weight, but they are included in the total votes. Add it all together, then divide by the total votes, and that results in a number between 2 and -2. Now, The Cool Wall also changed under new management, and now has 7 sections, as seen below. These sections correlate to that resulting number. They are, in order: 2.00 to 1.56 (Ice Box), 1.55 to 1.00 (Sub Zero), 0.99 to 0.11 (Cool), 0.10 to -0.10 (Vanilla), -0.11 to -0.99 (Uncool), -1.00 to -1.55 (Seriously Uncool), -1.56 to -2.00 (Hell).

Results from most recent polls here

Original Message from @BKGlover:
I want to personally thank @TheBook, @Tornado, and @Joey D for running the show and helping me out to get this ready, @Famine for changing it over, he and @daan for giving another perspective on the matter, @boiltheocean for starting the wall, and last but not least, @niky for giving me a starting point. Thank you all, and here's hoping I can make this even better.

THE COOL WALL:
SUB-ZERO
COOL

Attachments

• GTP Cool Wall (2017).xlsx
    326.2 KB · Views: 87
  • GTP Cool Wall.xlsx
    258.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
VANILLA
UNCOOL
SERIOUSLY UNCOOL

For the entire history of the wall: (1455 entries, 1-27-2022)
Ice Box - 21 cars, 1.44%
Sub-Zero - 241 cars, 16.56%
Cool - 613 cars, 42.13%
Vanilla - 125 cars, 8.59%
Uncool - 349 cars, 23.99%
Seriously Uncool - 91 cars, 6.25%
Hell - 16 cars, 1.10%

Last edited:
Heh kinda cool to know that an actual photo of my car is on the wall. Although, it's not the best picture of it. I could provide a better picture if need be.

I'm thinking about only doing two cars this week due to Thanksgiving, or at the very least delaying the third poll so it goes up on Friday or Saturday. Opinions?

Just looked at the DB9 discussion, so close to Sub Zero!!!

(Not complaining just exclaiming.)

If I buy a Genesis coupe, will that make it uncool? not complaining, just asking.

I think his replacement is going to have to start a new thread...

Unless you're a moderator, you can't edit anyone elses' posts except your own

Uh the Ford Ranger XLT didn't have the most votes for sub-zero. It has the most votes for meh, which means you now have to figure out a way to sort the vehicles with a larger meh percentage. Don't just default to the next highest voted result since that wouldn't be fair.

Uh the Ford Ranger XLT didn't have the most votes for sub-zero. It has the most votes for meh, which means you now have to figure out a way to sort the vehicles with a larger meh percentage. Don't just default to the next highest voted result since that wouldn't be fair.

No I think Sub Zero is perfect for the Ranger! :P

This discussion made me look at my Fiero and:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124612&highlight=Fiero

Sub-Zero 18.31%
Cool 39.44%
Uncool 26.76%
Seriously Uncool 15.49%

57% better then uncool

Yet in the list here they put it in uncool = worst then 57% voted and not on the highest score??????

I file a pursuit for Fiero-discrimination to the responsible of this thread!! The result was Cool or you have to explain what you base Uncool on??

When I first came up with the concept of the "meh" vote, I explained that it would be an unofficial classification. Hence, no "meh" category on the wall.

However, if you have a suggestion on making it better, I'm willing to listen.

However, it should currently be in the "cool" section. Same with the Fiero; nice catches, both of you. 👍

Well then I think the meh should go since it isn't counted. I know people can be on the fence about a vehicle, but they should then either not vote or vote for the closest answer.

From what I can see, the AC/Shelby Cobra is as of now, the coolest car in the world. There are absolutely no votes for Uncool or Seriously Uncool, whereas the 300SL has one vote for Uncool.

Just noticed that actually...

And about the "Meh" option, I believe the main purpose was for it to give people a chance to voice their opinion, even when they didn't have an opinion. It may be just me, but people sometimes feel the need to give their two cents in on certain topics, especially polls. But, in the event that people don't have an actual opinion on something (In this case, a particular car,) but still want to give their opinion, that's where the "Meh" option comes in. It's mainly so people don't have to sound stupid having to modify their opinion toward one of the two extremes. Something in their head bugs them that there's a poll up there that is open to an answer but they don't have an answer for it.

Then again that's probably just me...

I say keep the "Meh" option, but strongly reinforce that it doesn't count toward determining the coolness of the car. People who vote "Meh" more than likely don't care about the car, and their vote won't inhibit the result of coolness for the people that do care for the car. I think it's rather fair.

"Meh" just wastes space.

A Cool car should never make anyone go "meh"... so if someone says a car is "meh", what they really mean is that it's so uncool that they can't be bothered to even think about it.

Back